October 13, 2008

Married Life


Ok, so we don't do much that's worthy of posting a blog about or maybe I just can't think of anything but I thought I should write more about Harris, how we met and being married to him in general.
We met while attending BYU-Hawaii in April of 2007. His friend dated my friend...isn't that how most things start? Anyway, Harris was planning to attend BYU Provo in the fall and I was planning on staying in Hawaii...

By some miraculous design I ended up back in Utah living at home attending UVSC. We got engaged in December (a proposal I kind of ruined) on a horse carriage ride around temple square. The next 7 LONG months of engagement were spent working, going to school and planning our wedding.
(trying to sneak a kiss)


Harris LOVES reggae so I highlighted the colors on his 3 MAN bracelets for him

We are SO photogenic

After our afternoon of shooting engagement pictures (thanks to my sister) I'm so glad he was such a good boyfriend/fiancee and now husband


I LOOOOOVED my bouquet (my mum made it)

June 12, 2008 - our wedding day, our anniversary celebration and the time I gave up the name Metekingi for Mataafa - what an improvement for those that couldn't pronounce it before. The day was BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely loved my wedding day. Our wedding colors were lemon and graphite (aka yellow and gray). The material I got for the bridesmaids dresses I got Renee Jensen to put on my wedding dress, which she made from scratch! I LOVED my wedding dress too...I guess the day was just a huge celebration of happiness and love. Exactly what it's meant to be.




So, after 4 months of wedded bliss I have come to the following conclusions:
1) Living with my husband differs very little from living with my brothers - we are completely comfortable being who we are and doing what we've always done.
2) I'm so glad we spend so much of our day apart - I have never gotten sick of him. Actually, I miss him everyday.
3) Harris is such a wonderful husband. He is patient, persistent, hard working, loving, caring, funny and my perfect match

So why does everyone talk about some huge adjustment to married life being so hard? I love it, and I love him!

1 comment:

Sam Metekingi said...

There we go. Eventually everyone will start doing the blog thing. We can be an online Jackson Family kind of thing