March 21, 2010

So sick

Calling all mothers, nurses, Doctors and anyone with a moderate amount of medical knowledge. My poor baby has had a cough for probably the last 7 weeks or so. This last week it's gotten progressively worse with it peaking on Wednesday night where I got only an hour and a half of sleep as she was coughing and crying for practically the whole night (I said PRACTICALLY so it's not like I'm over-exaggerating). We took her to the Dr's on Wednesday where the medical assistant (our Dr is out of town) said she just has a cough. For this long? It probably didn't help that Harris told them she's only had it a few days and didn't tell them the humidifier, vicks on her chest, feet and anywhere else I can put it, sleeping elevated, and everything else hasn't had any effect on it. She's constantly short of breath, when she can breath I can hear the rattling in her chest and when she coughs her coughing lasts for at least a minute straight. Poor girl is getting abs now from coughing so much. The only time she ever cries about it is at night when it's interrupting her sleep. So if anyone has any home remedies to help with this or recognize the symptoms as something more than a cough - awesome. If this gets progressively worse then I'll take her to a different Dr but just thought I'd put it out there.

Also, last night I threw a birthday party for Harris's 25th. I rented out a couple of rooms at Noah's in South Jordan and we played rock band, karaoke, pool and just ate and hung out. That's exactly how my husband likes to do things. We didn't even sing happy birthday and the only time he blew out candles was when everyone but my sister and her two sons were there - and the only reason he did that is because my nephew picked out the candles and wanted to sing "Happy Derday Uncle Harry" so Harris let him.After everyone had gone and it was just me, Dayna, Harris and our kids, Dayna took some pictures of the kids. I love my nephews and they are AWESOME with Kiki. They are so gentle with her, try to look after her...ah just look at the pictures.

I never realized how alike my baby and her cousin Koa look. Same eyes and nose - only he's got an oval shaped face like my sister and she's got a square shaped face like me.
 

If you knew how crazy Koa sometimes was you'd appreciate how gentle he is with her in this picture. Not once does he ever try to scratch or grab her - he's always so sweet with her. And Mana is her "favorite cousin" and is ALWAYS looking out for her. So glad she's got cousins to look out for her


Look at these 3 cheeseballs


Right after I talk about how nice Koa is with her, she scratches his face. Naughty girl


One day she'll return the high-five


I love this picture of the 3 of them kicking it on the couch


She has got these LOOOONG eyelashes. This picture kinda captures them but you've gotta see them in person to see that she's so little and they're so long. 


She's got things backwards. She can barely sit up but if she holds onto things she can stand. She hates rolling over but tries to crawl....ah well, do things in your own time.
P.S. sweet vans huh!



Me and my baby

4 comments:

Darah said...

What cute pics, she is so big! I'm sorry she has a bad cough, but I don't really have any suggestions either. I hope she gets better though! Poor baby.

Sorry we couldn't come to the party, Mike had to work and our neighbors were having a party that we said we would go to, so we had to go to that. But it sounds like it was sooo much fun!

Crystal said...

awww....i love this post and i love her outfit!! nice taste mom! lol.

Kam said...

awww, poor little thing but i love seeing the pictures of her growing up because i saw her when she was just a few weeks old and now she's growing and growing, i love it!

Lacey said...

This might be a little late, but signs that your baby is sick enough to need some medical help would be if she is pulling in under or between her ribs, bobbing her head as she breaths, or grunting with each breath. Also if she is not feeding as well and is having fewer wet diapers then you would want to take her in because she could get dehydrated and that causes a nasty cycle of thickening secretions and increased respiratory distress. Hope that she is feeling better by now and good luck!