June 14, 2010

The best two years

I hope people don't think our blog is just for doting on each other and our baby. It's just that I have ALOT to be grateful for in my life I want everyone to know. So, June 12th was mine and Harris' two year anniversary. Being that I didn't get much of a Mother's Day (but one awesome post!) Harris decided to give me the BEST anniversary. Yeah, out of two anniversaries it doesn't seem like there's much to compete with but last year's anniversary was pretty awesome. Anyway, he woke up nice and early Saturday morning and made me, Dayna and our kids crepes. *Weird that he made my sister and her sons crepes? Not really. Right now we're homeless so we're staying with my sister so it's been some quality family time for us here.* Back to my story. So, Harris got up, made me some crepes with nutella, strawberries, banana's and whipped cream. Not just store bought whipped cream but thick cream WHIPPED.



Bless his heart. So we ate those (and they were DELICIOUS), and got ready for the day. Next we went and got a one-hour couple's massage. We were supposed to do the oxygen bar and get a chair massage too but their oxygen bar was out - next time! How weird is an oxygen bar? I like weird things like that so it was perfect for me. Oh but our massage was.....SORE! I've had a few massages before and they've been so relaxing but this one hurt. I guess my posture is horrible (speaking of which I need to sit up right now), so I had a huge knot in my lower back, another few in my neck, and another one in my upper back. So in order to get the knots out of my back they had to massage my butt. Haha it was SOOOOO sore but I feel way better already. After our "healing" massages Harris decided it was time to take me shopping.



The last time I went shopping was on our last anniversary - when I was 6 months pregnant. Harris likes to take me on shopping sprees. Not a couple of things, but a bunch of outfits = a few hundred dollars spent on clothes. Even now I cringe thinking how much was spent. But he argues that I feel more confident in new clothes and he gets tired of seeing me in my old clothes. My argument is that I've still got post-baby weight to lose and who wants to buy clothes when they're "losing weight" (the quotations are there because it's a work in progress, that hasn't started working or progressing) but I decided I'd buy a few things that could be worn should I get smaller. Hopefully I don't get BIGGER! But it was so nice. He spoiled me, told me how beautiful I looked and made me feel AWESOME. He wanted me to get a pedicure afterwards but I just couldn't bring myself to have anymore money spent on me when he didn't want a penny spent on him. So we decided to go to dinner and we couldn't decide between California Pizza Kitchen and PF Chang's. We walked in to both, smelled the restaurant, read through the menu's and because PF Chang's didn't have potstickers we went to the Pizza Kitchen. (When I want something in particular I get so disappointed when someone doesn't have it). THEN Harris wanted to go to the movies but I was tired and missed our baby. How bad is that? I can't even be away from her for more than 6 hours and I want to go home. I guess it stems from the fact that I spend 10+ hours a day away from her while I'm at work so I love to spend any minute I can with her when I'm away from work. She goes to bed early so Harris and I stay up and talk all night so I feel like our time together with her is precious. So we came home and Harris kept searching for movies and asking me what I wanted to watch. I decided I was too tired and we went to bed at 10. We're so old!


But I LOOOOOOOOOVED my Anniversary. Not nearly as much as I love my husband though. He's the best. He makes me laugh (and probably some of you who read his previous post) and always ALWAYS has the time to make me happy especially when I'm mad (at him). Even though he may not know how to read my mind (like I'd expect him to) he knows exactly what I NEED instead of what I think I want. He is the best father I've ever seen. He loves to play with all kids but his heart is wrapped up in our little baby's smile. That girl has her father whipped and I wouldn't have it any other way. He's a huge helper around the house, he is always thinking of our family before his own physical, mental and temporal needs. He makes sacrifices for things he shouldn't need to (like my short-term happiness) but will let me know when the answer should really be no. I am grateful that he has such good taste in friends because I get to enjoy my weekends with some awesome wives (by the way Darah, we've got to make Team Emmett shirts!) and beautiful babies. Harris is more than I could have ever thought was out there for me, and he makes me happier than one person should be. I love him, and am glad I have him for infinity and beyond....




5 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!!! And congratulations on two years!
We would love to hang out with you guys some time. And I still need to convince Kiona to like me. :) Call me!

Kam said...

Awww you two, bless both of your hearts.
Your anniversary sounded so so so fun! Massages, yummy crepes, shopping spree and a cute baby= awesome anniversary!
Wow, you work 10+ hours a day? Ahh, crazy! Go Supermom/wife!
Yay for Team Emmett (haha to you and Darah!)

Crystal said...

Congratulations on 2 years!! That is so sweet!!! :)

BBC said...

totally know what you mean about missing your baby and wanting to spend time with her when you're not at work! :)

looks like a super fantabulous anniversary. way to go hubby!

Darah said...

Wow, happy belated anniversary to you guys! Can Harris convince Mike that I need some new outfits too? Mike is fine that I wear the same thing everyday, all day. Sigh. Glad you had a great day though!