January 7, 2012

Un-private?

I've been trying to decide whether or not I should keep my blog private. The "for's" are for my family in NZ and Australia to be able to read our blog without me having to find out everyone's email addresses. Also, I'd like to indulge myself and believe more people would read if they were allowed to. Meh, I can dream. The "nays" are the same as almost everyone with a private blog. Those strange stories about people who find their family pictures in display windows in Sweden, or in photo frames at TJ Maxx (you didn't hear about those? I swear they're true) and just having my personal business out there are enough to scare the private back into my blog. Did that sound a little suggestive? Maybe if I said privates haha. Anyway, I'll have to think on this for a little bit.

Two things though. Merry late Christmas and Happy second week of the New Year!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

There is an elder who just came to our ward here in Ohio from Hamilton, New Zealand and he knows your family. Small world.

Crystal said...

ive thought about that too. but the thought of all the psychos in the world is just too much for me to give in. but thats just how i am. (i have a hard time trusting ppl - especially the world.) anyways....good luck on the decision. i secretly want to go un-private to be honest.

Kam said...

I've been on and off with going private for years now. It's been hard to keep it private because my parents and peter's parents forget how to login and find our blog!! Plus, we have secret blog admirers that keep reading our blog and message us on facebook about it so we have to keep our 'fans' happy, hehe. Besides, I've learned that what you write can totally touch someones life and that's a HUGE reason as to why I keep our blog unprivate, Seriously, it happens :-)

P.S If you're feeling up to it, let's have some dinner :-)

Cori and Colin said...

Haha, I've thought the same thing about being private. I can't decide either!