Since I'm TERRIBLE at blogging and I wish we could all be better bloggers I'm going to blog purely for randomness and try to catch up on how things have been going around here lately.
Mia will be 11 months in a week - what a weird thing to count down to but when you don't have years under your belt, months it is.
Currently she's crawling (which, truthfully, I didn't think she'd do until after she turned one), and loves throwing things away/around to see what they do. She'll laugh if it's a ball, or cry out if it's food but she'll keep on throwing. She also enjoys opening and closing the cupboard on our entertainment center but cries when she slams it because it's too loud. As a baby she was always scared so easily she'd jump when I would burp her so this is no surprise.
What is a surprise is that she doesn't mind the vacuum?
She adores her big sister and nobody can get a laugh out of her like Kiki can. It melts my heart to see my girls get along so well.
Except for this one time on Memorial Day when we were driving back from our Ward's Pancake Breakfast and Kiki leaned down to give Mia a kiss in her carseat and Mia scratched Kiki's nose and there was blood EVERYWHERE.
I guess that was to make up for the time when Kiki was playing peekaboo with Mia and a blanket and Mia smashed her nose on her walker and got a bloody nose.
Bloody girls.
But Mia is such a cheeseball! She knows just when to smile and is a daddy's girl. I thought this wouldn't bother me because Kiki's such a mummy's girl but it does break my heart just a little. But then I think it evens out the balance in our home just right so I'm happy.
Kiona is hilarious. She's a little parrot who thinks deeply on the concepts she learns - whether from observance or direct teaching. Like how she can't shower with daddy because "he doesn't have a bee-gina right mummy?" Hahaha man I'm interested to know what she says in Primary and at Daycare.
We have her in the City League playing T-Ball and each week is an adventure. She doesn't want to play most times and generally doesn't want to socialize with the other kids but there are these rare moments of gold where I can see it takes every ounce of her courage to go up to bat, or pick up the ball and interact with the kids and I think, keep going my baby!
It's strange though because she just loves to play with our next door neighbor's daughter, and most of the kids in Primary. She'll also say hello to random little girls in the store - it could be the dominance of little boys at T-Ball but I don't know. She's got her own ideas and as much as I want to change her, I want her to maintain that independence throughout her life.
That is the struggle with parenting isn't it? Walking that thin line between what you want for yourself and what you want for your child.
In family news we will be celebrating our 5th anniversary on the 12th of June. WOAH! 5 years never seemed so long yet so short. I guess I'll say the same thing next year when Kiki turns 5 *tear* but we are happy and in love. We're heading to Park City next weekend since Harris will be on a scouting camp with the Young Men over our anniversary but I am more than making up for his absence when at the end of June I will be in Vegas with my sister and two of our good friends to see Beyoncé!
Currently we're still in a condo in Eagle Mountain, Harris is in the Young Men's Presidency as the 2nd Counselor and I'm in the Young Women's program as the MiaMaids Advisor. I'm also teaching piano after work to a few kids and plan on increasing the number of students as this is something that's a passion of mine so why not get paid for something you enjoy so much I say.
Harris is working in Marketing (which is what he got his degree in) at a Company 15 minutes from where we live which is convenient. He loves the company and his job, as well as his newfound love - CrossFit. He looks better than he ever has and like Kiki always likes to say "he's got big muscles". I'm hoping the fitness bug will bite me eventually but in the mean time I'm trying to eat better and running a few times a week. It's amazing how much things change after you have kids - body wise and time wise. Every minute is spent doing something for someone else that it's nice for me to take the time when I run and just have it for me. It makes me feel like something more than a wife and mother. More like a Miranda I think.
ANYWAY, I'll have to post pics later but I wanted to give a quick update on life and how wonderful it is for us today. I hope everyone who reads this takes 2 minutes to write their own blogpost even if it's something as simple as "haven't caught up but I need to".
DO IT GUYS, JUST DO IT.
No comments:
Post a Comment