Last week we went on our first family vacation in 3 years. The last time we took a vacation was Christmas of 2010 in Hawaii. We all went as a family back to Hawaii in May of the following year but that was for my mother-in-law's funeral so not technically a vacation.
This vacation was long overdue.
And cost more than we should've spent.
But we didn't care and loved it so much.
I've learned a few things about my girls and their personalities when combined with traveling.
Mia will not be quieted.
If she's mad, she'll tell you.
Kiki, on the other hand, is super easy. She always has been.
We traveled for 30 hours when she was 2 1/2 months old and she was amazing. She never cried while we traveled or while we were at our destination. By the time she was 1 she had been on 10 flights and visited 3 different countries racking up more than 80 hours of flying time. She never made me nervous to travel with her and continues that trend to this day.
Mia hates being in her carseat longer than an hour (who doesn't?!). She starts to cry, then scream, then gets angry and hits/yells/throws things. As soon as you take her out she's as happy as can be and completely forgets her anger.
For our family vacation we drove to California from Utah.
The drive sucked.
The lack of sleep on all our parts was worse.
Mia had multiple melt downs in any given hour.
She was angry for a lot of our trip.
However, I loved it.
We went to Disneyland when it was Christmas themed with my family.
I spent the first half of our first day wanting to cry and hug everyone/everything.
I'm going back.
I'll post pics later but this is my attempt at blogging more often.

1 comment:
That's so awesome that you guys got to go to Disneyland, although poor thing for Mia! I would totally feel the same way spending time at the best place on earth and with family:-) It is definitely something you guys should do often!! I'm trying to blog more too, so my post was my feeble attempt at doing so. Hope you guys are doing well and we'll have to get together to hang out soon!
Post a Comment