K so I suck at blogging.
But I am making a goal to blog more often.
Once a month would be a miracle but let's see if I can do once a week.
Facebook and instagram have taken over keeping up blogs with their short, easy methods and I'm all for supporting quality vs. quantity but for my girls and my crappy memory's sake blogging is going to have to be improved.
So something huge happened a few months ago I haven't bothered writing about.
I quit working.
I'm a stay-at-home-mother.
I call it SAHMhood cause I'm part of a gang now. Me, Kiki and Mia are the coolest gang members ever.
Biggest surprise? I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life.
I LOOOOOVE it.
But man I hate not having that extra money. I hate having to wait to buy things, if something goes wrong and we have to pay to fix it a lot of other things should wait but we haven't quite gotten that discipline under control yet.
It's all a work in progress.
So why did I quit?
Cause I wanted to be a stay at home mum.
BUT, the inspiration to be and do that came while I was in New Zealand. I saw a lot of my cousins whose (who's?) mothers worked and although they're still good people I can see the difference between them now and even the way they are with their own kids vs me and my siblings because my mum stayed home with 9 of us.
That is FAITH! 9 kids, single income? Rock on mum and dad.
The last time all 9 of us kids were together - 6 years ago when my younger brother went on his mission. There are 8 more grandkids and two spouses added to the family now.
Anyway, I'm not here to judge any mother who chooses to work. I did it for 4 years and loved it. But for me this is where I need to be and I love it so much.
If you take offense to that - go away.
True story I hate when people take offense at things where someone's not telling you that you suck because of your choices. Unless someone's directly telling you that you're a terrible person then assume they're not talking about you. If they do? Tell them to go away like I did.
Random tangent have you read this story? Yeah this is one of those stories I hate because people took offense to her choice to be healthy despite the number of children she had or however many other excuses people have.
But a blog post about healthy life choices is for another day.
Maybe tomorrow?
NAH! I'm not that good.
NAH! I'm not that good.
But seriously I love staying home.
Also, I teach piano out of my home which I love too.
Our piano being tuned
One of the million teaching resources I make to teach my students.
I should probably teach more students.
But I enjoy that it's still a hobby and I didn't give up one job to pick up another one.
For now life is good, even with all its adjustments in our spending habits.
But hey, I posted today so let's count this as a win. See you next year.



1 comment:
I'm so happy for you Miranda. You're the most talented stay at home mom I know. I'm also happy that you are happy! That is they key and you found it. I say this because I know how you feel. It's a relief and a deep fulfillment you can't get anywhere else. I'm happy for you my friend, sooo sooo happy!
P.S. I suck at blogging too. I always have the itch to blog late at night when the kids are asleep, but I'd rather watch my shows and read nonsense books that add no value to my life except to my imagination. Bahaha! Luv yah!
Post a Comment